This Dashboard, published in Janaury 2021, updates data around public engagement and attitudes in France.
- Economic crises, job security and wages is the most concerning issue for the French public (51%). Concern has increased significantly for global diseases and pandemics (+8% since October 2020 to 37%) and for war, conflict and terrorism (+3% to 37%).
- Concern for climate change has decreased significantly (-4% to 44%) as well as for immigration and refugees (-4% to 25%).
- Attitudinal engagement and perceived efficacy has not changed significantly since October 2020.
- Aidsupportlevelshavenotchangesignificantlyacrossall countries. Support in the U.S., which saw a big increase in support in October 2020, has since reverted to June 2020 levels.
- In the period between October 2020 and January 2021 we observed small but encouraging changes in public engagement with global poverty and development for most of our behavioural indicators. However, in France none of these changes are statistically significant. The DEL segments also remain statistically unchanged since October 2020.
- The percentage of donors has increased across all DEL countries, but only the change in the UK is statistically significant.